Thursday, November 22, 2007

Carta de Bobby Fischer a la enciclopedia judaíca

http://home.att.ne.jp/moon/fischer/list/p_42/42_0. htm [att.ne.jp]

AN OPEN LETTERFROM:BOBBY FISCHER

THE WORLD CHESS CHAMPION

TO:ENCYCLOPAEDIA JUDAICA
Gentlemen:

Knowing what I do about Judaism, I was naturally distressed to see that you have erroneously featured me as a Jew in ENCYCLOPAEDIA JUDAICA. Please do not make this mistake again in any future editions of your voluminous, pseudo-authoritative publication. I am not today, nor have I ever been a Jew, and as a matter of fact, I am uncircumcised.
I suggest rather than fraudulently misrepresenting me to be a Jew, and dishonestly abusing my name and reputation as a kind of advertising gimmick to improve the image of your religion (Judaism), you try to promote your religion on its own merits -- if indeed it has any!
In closing, I trust that I am not being unrealistically optimistic, in thanking you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.
Truly yours,
Bobby Fischer
Bobby Fischer,The World Chess Champion

No comments: